If you would like to be supported by us, please check our eligibility criteria below and fill in the application form. We will then be in touch with you.
- The student must be based in the UK.
- Every student will go through a careful selection, application/audition procedure. If the student is below 18, it is necessary that a responsible adult is involved in the music learning process.
- Motivation, Determination, Discipline, Responsibility, Regular practice and Social obligations are the main qualities that the student needs to demonstrate.
- The student must understand that music education requires a lot of time and energy. The student has to be ready to work hard in order to achieve new goals.
- The student together with a teacher (and a responsible adult if necessary) should create a learning plan for every term. This should include the number of lessons per month, possible public performances, a practice schedule, and any extra learning activities.
- The student needs to have regular access to a musical instrument (according to the chosen learning program). In special circumstances, Olgarhythm may be able to assist with this.
- The student needs to understand that being supported by Olgarhythm is a privilege and an honour. It is the student's personal responsibility to take music learning seriously, work hard and progress as much as possible.
- The student must thank the teacher after every lesson. At the end of the learning program the student must thank Olgarhythm (or a particular source of the funding) for the opportunity to have music lessons.
*If you are currently having music lessons, we would like to ask your teacher to be your referee.
**Our charity supports talented students of any age and ability who live in challenging circumstances.